One of the greatest months in Islam is officially here! I’m so excited and happy that the month of Ramadan is upon us yet again. I love Ramadan for various reasons.
During Ramadan, we (Muslims) seem to be much more tolerant, patient, and helpful to each other. We recite the book of Allah often; even those of use who don’t recite it on a daily basis start to recite much more often. We fill up the masaajids. It’s the month that brings our families and loved ones together.
Above all else, the Qur’an was was sent down in Ramadan; making this month one of the greatest months in Islam.
I don’t know about you but there is just a great peace that I feel all around me and within myself during the month of Ramadan that I don’t feel during any other time.
Why Ramadan is one of greatest months!
- Allah chains the shayateen, opens up the heavens and closes hell during this blessed month: Abu Huraira reported that the Prophet peace be upon him said about the month of Ramadan, “When the month of Ramadan starts, the gates of heaven are opened and the gates of hell are closed and the devils are chained.” Bukhari
- Our good deeds multiply in Ramadan, especially in the special days and nights (last ten days and Lailatul Qadar):
- The entire month of Ramadan is a great opportunity to get closer to Allah, build iman and get more ajar and hasanaat.
What I love About Ramadan
- I reflect and think deeply about my many blessings, especially in Ramadan. Fasting long hours and feeling real hunger reminds me of those who have very little food to eat; I get even more encouraged to give charity and help the needy.
- There’s a greater chance that Allah will answer people’s du’as. I try to take advantage of this by trying my best to make du’a every single day of Ramadan, after all, the gates of heaven are open and that means that Allah will answer my du’as, inshaaAllah.
- And yes, of course I love eating at the end of a long day of fasting! Who doesn’t?
Those were a few of the things I love about Ramadan. May Allah allow you, me and all of our loved ones to participate and reap the rewards of Ramadan Ameen!
What do you love about Ramadan?
What are some of the things you look forward to doing during the month of Ramadan?
Want to read more articles on Ramadan?
If you want to read more about Ramadan, check out the articles below.
If you find this article to be helpful, share the khayr by sharing it with others! Jazaakumulaahu khayran!